Business After Hours are designed to be a fun, casual, social gathering. It provides an excellent opportunity for our members to make new business contacts and network with other members. It is also an opportunity for the Business After Hours sponsors to showcase a recent remodel or new facility; celebrate an significant anniversary or just to bring showcase what the business offers.
Hosting a Business After Hours is one of the many promotional opportunities available to members of the Effingham County Chamber of Commerce. It is a business networking event designed to bring members and their guests together in an informal atmosphere. Business After Hours offers a unique opportunity for exposure of your business and may be held to celebrate a new product, facility, expansion, anniversary or special occasion. It provides an excellent opportunity for members to learn more about your business.
The Chamber agrees to
Provide the Following
- Site visit meeting (60 days prior to event) to create successful event
- Personnel to staff registration at door
- Name tags at host’s request
- Fishbowl for door prize drawing (if requested)
- A certificate of appreciation and a list of attendees (provided within 14 days of event).
Promote the Event
- Weekly Chamber Business Advocate email blast (1400 contacts)
- Chamber’s electronic message board
- Calendar of Events page of the Chamber’s website (effinghamcountychamber.com)
- General fax broadcast issued day before the event
- Include event in the calendar of events distributed at the monthly First Friday Luncheon.
- Submit to the local media for announcement
- Text Message Reminder Day of Event
- Host must be a Chamber member in good standing
- Recommend scheduling at least (6) months prior to the preferred date for publicity and arrangements to be handled effciently. If scheduled less than 6 months before the event, additional fees may apply.
- Hosting fee of $150 is required to be paid in full at time of application to guarantee After Hours date.
- Host location must have adequate space to accommodate a minimum of 50 attendees.
- Host is encouraged to advertise their event and invite clients, guests, and Chamber members by personal invitation, phone call or text.
- Host must use caterers or restaurants who are Chamber members in good standing. (A list will be provided).
- Host should plan to provide hors d’oeuvres (can be as simple or elaborate as you choose) and non-alcoholic beverages (soda, tea, etc.) at no charge. Alcohol may be offered but not sold to conform with local liquor ordinances. If alcohol is served, the host must provide proof of adequate host liquor coverage for the event.
- Must provide a minimum of one (1) door prize valued at $25.
- Host may elect to display or exhibit products/services, provide tours or give a short speech during the event. (Time and person will be determined at site visit meeting).
- Host may provide a special flyer and send a dedicated email for a fee of $150. (The Chamber can assist with size requirements). Host may choose to do their own mailing to Chamber members and invited guests. Chamber will provide a set of membership mailing labels at no charge. (Chamber can provide samples of flyers, postcards, invitations, etc.)
- Host should provide a registration area at the entrance.
- The Chamber will work with the host to determine the appropriate event hours.
- In the event that weather requires the Chamber to cancel your event, you will receive a FULL refund and a guaranteed placement for the next year.
- Host may partner with other companies to host their Business After Hours event.
How Do I Schedule This Event?
To schedule a Business After Hours, please call the Chamber office, 217.342.4147. A Chamber representative will be able to assist in setting a date.