Evidence indicates start up firms that take advantage of resources such as mentoring, counseling and other small business development assistance have a better survival and growth rate than do their peers.
- Todd Harris, Financial Post, Feb. 25, 2008
The Business Essentials Support and Technology Center @ the Chamber provides information, assistance, and services to individuals interested in starting a business and existing businesses will have access to resources critical to making smart business decisions.
Available services include:
- Free Counseling Sessions on business start-up, financial, operational and employment assistance provided by expert counselors from area colleges and government agencies*
- Touchdown Space for Busy Entrepreneurs including a fully equipped office containing computer links to colleges, government agencies, business development services, employment resource sites and even training modules.
- Interview space for off-site confidential interviews.
- Business Resource library, supplied by Helen Matthes Library, containing books, magazines and various audio-visual materials on subjects that range from how to write
a business plan to leadership.
- Free on-line Resume Service, Notary Public and Certificate of Origin Assistance.
- Area Resources for Enterpreneuers and Business Owners Starting or Expanding a Business in East Central Illinois (PDF, 213 KB)
Business Outreach Center
903 North Keller Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday