The Chamber offers our members many opportunities to advertise and promote their business products and services.
- Effingham Business Report: Printed quarterly, distributed nationally (free) to a mailing list of 1500 in 37 states. An additional 6000 copies are distributed in racks made available to the public locally and to Effingham residents by the City of Effingham. Purpose is to promote the economic activity of the community.
- Effingham County Map and Resource Guide: The map features updated street names throughout Effingham County, as well as a color-coded directory to area resources such as parks, shopping areas, county landmarks and other points of interest. Distributed through the Chamber, the county map is available in an interactive version on the Chamber’s web site.
- Email Advertising: Notify the membership of special events in your business by purchasing an ad. Chamber upcoming events are sent by email on a bi-weekly schedule. Advertise twice a year for only $50 per advertisement.
- Mailing Labels for members direct marketing use: Any member who would like to do direct mail marketing on their own may purchase a set of member addresses on mailing labels for $150.
- Membership Mailings: "Take Five", the Chamber's monthly newsletter is distributed to over 1000 members and other community leaders. New members are profiled to introduce them to our existing members and other business news will be covered upon request. Special events, such as the luncheons, breakfasts and business after hours are announced to the membership by special flyers that are mailed out during the month.
- Message Center Ad Packages: The Chamber’s sign and message board offers information on Chamber and community events, as well as a very visible and affordable opportunity for members to promote their businesses.
- Racks for Member Information: Racks are available in the lobby of the Chamber office for members to display their business brochures and business cards to visitors to our office.
- Member Only Referrals: The Chamber receives thousands of requests for recommendations on goods and services to be purchased in Effingham County. Who do we refer them to? Chamber members and only Chamber members.
- Ribbon Cutting Assistance: Help the public get acquainted with your company, location, products and services by hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony to officially open your doors to the community. Pick up a free “Checklist for Success” at the Chamber office to help make your event a promotional success.
- Specialty Publications: Various specialty publications are made available to the public that promotes chamber members. Among these are an Effingham County Manufacturers & Distributors Directory, city and county maps, and various classification listings.
- Web Site: www.effinghamcountychamber.com The Chamber web site includes a number of online services, such as the chamber membership directory, program and project registration, resumes on file, scholarship information and more. The site also offers a number of opportunities for advertising, with links to the member’s web site.
Members can network and get their business name out among the membership and the community through participation in a variety of events.
- First Friday Luncheons: The First Friday Luncheon is held monthly. An average of 90-100 attend ($15 per person) to listen to a speaker chosen for local business interest. For those who attend each month, The First Friday Club will save each cardholder $30 a year.
- Employee Fitness Day: Promoting healthy living in a fun, non-competitive and informative atmosphere. Enjoy a healthy lunch while visiting displays with handouts, demonstrations and briefings on health-related topics such as healthy heart, nutrition, skin protection & care, and stress management.
- Business After Hours: A great networking event designed to bring members and their guests together in an informal atmosphere. It offers exposure of a business, a way for members to learn more about a business and its services/products, celebrate a new product, facility, or expansion and celebrate an anniversary or special occasion.
- Member Of The Month: Each month a member is honored for its continuing growth and contribution to the Chamber and to the Effingham community. Members are invited to attend the informal award presentation.
- Annual Business Recognition Gala: Held every January, an average of 400 attend our annual banquet at the Keller Convention Center. Members gather to socialize and honor the Citizen of the Year.
- Golf Outing: Golfers enjoy a variety of contests and compete for prizes in the Chamber’s annual tournament. Various sponsorship opportunities are available for members to promote their businesses.
- Annual Fall Social: Members come together for an informal evening of fun and socializing, enjoying samples of member restaurants/caterers, sitting by the bonfire and winning great prizes throughout the evening.
- Radio Days: Held semi-annual in partnership with the local radio stations. Offers great exposure for your company and an opportunity to showcase your products/services by taking advantage of the advertising and/or announcing discounts.
- Effingham Day at Busch Stadium
- Scholarship Program: $1500 scholarships are awarded annually to local students-graduating high school seniors and adults for continuing education. Program is open only to Chamber members, employees and families of members/employees. The project is funded by Chamber members; varying levels of monetary sponsorship receive recognition.
- Bulk Mailing Permit: Members may use the Chamber's bulk mailing permit for the cost of their mailing. Member must fulfill all postal requirements for minimum number of mailings and sorting.
- Certificates of Origin: Certificates are provided free for our members, $10 per certificate for non-members.
- Notary Public: Two notary publics are available at the Chamber office at no charge for members.
- Energy Cooperative Program: Members have the opportunity to be part of a cooperative effort to help control their business’ energy costs. The program applies to Ameren and ComEd customers.
- Conference Room Rental: The Chamber's conference room is available to members and organizations at no charge (depending upon availability.) Only small groups can be accommodated.
The Chamber strives to improve the workforce in Effingham County by providing ways for both the employer and employee to benefit.
- B.E.S.T. Center, The Business Essentials Support and Technology Center provides:
- Free and Confidential Counseling
- Office and Conference Room
- Confidential Interview Space
- Business Resource Library
- Free Online Resume Service: Members may access resumes on file on the Chamber web site when they are seeking new employees for their business. Free to members and job seekers.
- Safety & HR Network: Provides an opportunity for area companies to share knowledge and experiences, to raise awareness and help improve the safety performance within each company.
- Career Exploration: The Chamber offers several ways to assist Effingham County students in making a career choice, including job Choices Education Program, shadowing opportunities and Future Fair, a career expo held each November with over 125 career representatives who are available to answer questions about their jobs.
- Compensation Survey: The survey helps your business learn the trends within the market in Effingham County, understand the annual percentage increase in salaries, review the pay ranges for various positions in your company and analyze the trends in health insurance costs.
- Education & Training Programs: Keeping your business and employees on top of the latest business trends is important. The Chamber connects members to quality professional development opportunities that help them remain competitive in today's marketplace. Chamber members receive discounts on programs/services provided by the organization.